WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A CHRISTIAN?
Being a Christian means following Jesus after an understanding and conviction (belief) that what Jesus represented and taught was indeed from God, our Creator. He was sent to direct God’s creation on how to live happily and in harmony with their Maker.
The life that follows this belief is a transformed one that takes its cue from the scriptures as one obeys them fully. The end result is a life similar to that of Jesus Christ, hence the term, Christians.
Apart from the fact that there are a lot of blessing that accompany a Christian, there are responsibilities as well. These boarder around what the Bible teaches. Obedience to these leads to blessing.
Some of these expectations are:
- Loving God with all our hearts (Luke 10:27)
- Walking in Love (Ephesians 5:2)
- Humility (Philippians 2:5-8)
- Forgiving others (Luke 23:34)
- Obedience to God through following Scriptures and many more (John 8:29)
If you would like to learn more about what it means to be a Christian, please register here for our Alpha Course!